Burna Boy, a Grammy Award-winning Nigerian artist, has certainly made a mark in the music industry. Apart from his musical talent, he’s known for his controversial statements. He’s vocal about issues like cannabis legalization in Nigeria.
Here’s a brief biography of Burna Boy:
- Full Name: Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
- Date of Birth: July 2, 1991
- Birthplace: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
- Parents: Samuel Ogulu (father) and Bose Ogulu (mother)
- Family Ties: His grandfather, Benson Idonije, was Fela Kuti’s manager.
- Siblings: Nissi (a singer) and Ronami (responsible for Burna Boy’s fashion).
- Attended Corona Secondary School, Agbara, Ogun State.
- Completed his studies in London, where he studied Media Technology at Sussex University and Communication Cultures at Oxford Brookes University.
- Began singing at the age of 10 and making beats on FruityLoops.
- Gained recognition with the single “Like to Party” in 2012.
- Released the debut album “L.I.F.E,” featuring artists like 2Baba, Olamide, and Wizkid.
- Founded his own label, Spaceship Entertainment, in 2015.
- Notable albums: “African Giant” and “Twice as Tall.”
- Not known to have any baby-mamas.
- Estimated to be $10 million.
Burna Boy has certainly made a significant impact in the music industry, not only in Nigeria but globally.
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT