The global music powerhouse, Trace, introduced its inaugural Trace Awards 2023 on October 21, 2023, at the BK Arena in Kigali, Rwanda. This star-studded event paid tribute to the creativity, style, and influence of African and Afro-inspired musicians.
Over 150 musicians vied for awards in a vibrant presentation, celebrating the diversity of Afro-centric music genres, from Afrobeat to Dancehall, Hip Hop to Afro-pop, Mbalax to Amapiano, Zouk to Kizomba, and more.
The awards ceremony, co-hosted by Nigerian music veteran D’Banj and Angolan global supermodel Maria Borges, featured a lineup of stellar performers, including Davido, Yemi Alade, Black Sherif, Kizz Daniel, and others.
Notable nominees included Davido, Burna Boy, Rema, Yemi Alade, Libianca, and DJ Maphorisa, among others.
For those who missed the event, here are the winners of the Trace Awards 2023:
- Best Music Video: “Baddie” by Yemi Alade (Nigeria)
- Best Artist France & Belgium: Tayc (France)
- Best Producer: Tam Sir (Ivory Coast)
- Best Artist North Africa: Dystinct (Morocco)
- Best Artist UK: Central Cee
- Best Artist Indian Ocean: Goulam (Comoros)
- Best Artist Francophone Africa: Didi B (Ivory Coast)
- Best DJ: Michael Brun (Haiti)
- Best Gospel Artist: KS Bloom (Ivory Coast)
- Best Artist The Caribbean: Rutshelle Guillaume (Haiti)
- Best Artist Anglophone Africa: Asake (Nigeria)
- Best Global African Artist: Rema
- Best Newcomer: Roseline Layo (Ivory Coast)
- Best Collaboration: “Unavailable” – Davido (Nigeria) with Musa Keys (South Africa)
- Best Dancer: Robot Boii (South Africa)
- Best Artist Lusophone Africa: Lisandro Cuxi (Cape Verde)
- Changemaker Trace Award: Mr. Eazi (Nigeria)
- Best Live: Fally Ipupa (DRC)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: 2Baba (Nigeria)
- Album of the Year: “Love Damini” by Burna Boy (Nigeria)
- Best Female Artist: Viviane Chidid (Senegal)
- Best Male Artist: Davido (Nigeria)
- Song of the Year: Rema (Nigeria)
CLICK HERE TO COMMENT